This position is also being advertised for candidates with Merit Promotion eligibility (Status Candidates). It can be found on www.usajobs,gov. Search for Vacancy Announcement number NPS-WASO-17-1840205(KB) or by title/series and location.
Incumbent serves as Assistant Coordinator for the National Heritage Areas (NHA) in the National Heritage Areas Program (WASO), Park Programs and Heritage Areas, Cultural Resources, National Park Service.Areas Program Office in Washington, DC.
This position has promotion potential to the target grade of GS-12. You may be promoted to the next higher grade without further competition when all statutory and regulatory requirements have been met, performance is satisfactory and promotion is recommended by the supervisor. Promotion to the next higher grade is not guaranteed and is contingent upon the above criteria. Management may select at any of the grade levels announced.
Physical Demands: Work is generally sedentary. Some walking, bending and light lifting are required Driving is also required.
Work Environment: Work is performed in an office setting. Frequent field work and travel are required.
APPLICANTS WHO DO NOT SUBMIT THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION WILL NOT RECEIVE FULL CONSIDERATION. Please read the entire announcement before you apply. To view the entire announcement, select "Print" above "Job Summary."Learn more about this agency
The duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead key organizational initiative such as funding formula development, sustainability planning, data collection and development of programmatic administrative guidance.
- Review National Heritage Area program legislation and new area legislation for content and consistency with area legislation.
- Serve as member of National Park Service evaluation team for outcomes-based analysis of National Heritage Area.
- Gather and update key programmatic data, including congressional representation, funding allocations, management structure, etc.
- Recommend solutions and assist effort to align National Heritage Area contracting and reporting processes across multiple National Park Service Regions.
- Support development and implementation of performance-based approach to budgeting.
- Advise with A-123 audit planning and accountability
- Provide oversight to volunteers and interns working on heritage area administrative and communications projects.
- Review National Heritage Area feasibility studies and management plans with focus on compliance with all legal and programmatic requirements.
- Coordinate NHA study and planning efforts, including travel for presentations and public meetings.
- Develop and assist with correspondence and information requests from media, government bodies including Congress, Government Accountability Office (GAO), the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), and other NPS divisions.
- Provide web and social media outreach and analysis for NHA Program Office.
- Make recommendations and participate on grant review panels with other Cultural Resource and Partnership programs, such as American Battlefield Protection Program and National Trails Program.
- Provide technical assistance to emerging and established National Heritage Area organizations.
- Performs other tasks and duties as assigned, including the day-to-day administrative and office functions.
Occasional travel - Some travel may be required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/455342900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.