This position is located in the China Division, Office of Analysis for East Asia and the Pacific, Bureau of Intelligence and Research (INR/EAP/CH). The division is responsible for the analysis of classified and open source information concerning the political, diplomatic (including bilateral relations with the U.S.), socio-economic, and cultural affairs of China, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Mongolia. The division produces tailored intelligence products and briefings that inform the development and direction of U.S. foreign policy and support U.S. relations with foreign governments and international organizations.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent of this position will service as an expert Intelligence Research Specialist responsible for all-source intelligence analysis of China's political issues and personalities.
This position is not eligible for telework.
The duties listed below are described at the GS-13 level. At the GS-12 level, the incumbent will perform similar lower-graded duties under closer supervision and with less independence.
- Serves as an expert foreign affairs intelligence analyst, responsible for providing all-source intelligence analysis of China, including the individuals, institutions, decision dynamics, policy trends and cultural influences in China’s political system.
- Prepares written analysis and oral briefings based on all-source intelligence for the State Department’s Bureau of Intelligence and Research (INR) and within the Intelligence Community (IC) for the President’s Daily Brief (PDB) and National Intelligence Council (NIC) to inform senior level foreign policy practitioners on strategic matters relating the individuals, institutions, decision dynamics, policy trends, and cultural influences in China’s political system.
- Prepares oral briefings of political, and security developments in the above mentioned specialty area.
- Ensures that the intelligence needs of the State Department policy makers are clearly conveyed to appropriate collection agencies within the U.S. Intelligence Community (IC)
- Actively represents INR within the IC and other interagency venues. Ensures INR views are represented in the coordination of IC analytic products, including for the PDB, NIC, and other interagency committees.
Occasional travel - Periodic travel of varying duration to posts overseas may be required.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Open to all U.S. citizens. You are encouraged to read the entire announcement before you submit your application package. Your application may not get full consideration if you do not follow the instructions as outlined.
More than one selection may be made from this announcement if additional identical vacancies in the same title, series, grade and unit occur.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/455321700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.