This position is located in the Food and Nutrition Service, Child Nutrition Programs, Office of the Community Food Systems.
Responsibilities in this position include serving as a point of coordination between FNCS programs and other USDA agencies and activities such as ERS, AMS, RD. The incumbent will also work across Federal agencies such as the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Department of Education, Department of Health and Human Services, and Department of Defense, among others, to coordinate with and connect to similar initiatives and programs in other areas of the Federal family as they intersect with the FNCS mission.Learn more about this agency
As the Program Director for the Office of Community Food Systems, you will be responsible for the following:
- Provide high level technical expertise and policy guidance related to community food systems approaches within FNS' programs, and to coordinate and synch activities with other USDA and Federal agencies to maximize impact and reach.
- Responsible for the prompt provision of advice, guidance, feedback, and program information to the FNS Deputy Administrator.
- Works closely with external stakeholder groups and relevant state agencies and contributes high-level technical expertise and a unique programmatic perspective to the FNS senior leadership team.
- Ensures that grant decisions align with USDA strategic priorities.
- Lead the implementation of the Farm to School Policy and program changes impacting national program segments and projects.
- Develop technical assistance materials and training protocols related to farm to school programming.
- Provide or otherwise disseminate technical assistance and guidance related to farm to school programming.
- Develop selection criteria of farm to school grant programs.
- Communicate community food systems objectives and accomplishments to external stakeholders in order to publicize program activities and accomplishments.
- Develop evaluation methodologies and protocols to monitor community food system program impacts.
- Interpret analyses to provide input on program design and/or policy recommendations.
- Collaborate with other Federal or State Agencies to advance the goals of community food systems.
Occasional travel - Occasional Travel Upon Request
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
US Citizens and Nationals; no prior Federal experience is required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/455134800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.