If you would like to be a part of a federal organization dedicated to serving our nation and those who defend it, consider a career with the Department of Defense Office of Inspector General (DoD OIG). The agency promotes integrity, accountability, and improvement of critical DoD programs and operations to support mission accomplishment and to serve the public interest. The OIG offers the full range of federal benefits (see link below) and a flexible work schedule, depending on position requirements.
This position is with the Department of Defense (DoD), Office of Inspector General (OIG), Office of the Mission Support Team (MST), Chief Information Office (CIO), and is located in Alexandria, VA. The incumbent is an Information Technology Specialist in the Systems Integration Division, Data Management team, and will be responsible for the design and maintenance of critical OIG data and databases.Learn more about this agency
- Serves as senior-level expert in establishing, maintaining, supporting, and upgrading databases and their associated architecture and environment. Provides consulting in database design, setup, maintenance, systems integration, and operating systems.
- Designs and administers production and non-production databases. Performs physical data modeling, creation, normalization loading, performance tuning, and monitoring of databases.
- Defines data flow and identifies and translates user requirements into data design. Provides design documentation for decision support.
- Provides daily oversight of database systems, including establishing and managing database accounts, privileges and resources, and assurance of security and data integrity.
- Analyzes current and future agency strategic plans, operating plans, policies, and procedures. Provides support to information technology management staff on a variety of issues relating to database management.
- Performs installation, upgrades, configurations, and patch application for database environments. Supports system operations and application use, including performance monitoring, system tuning, and help desk call support.
Occasional travel - Approximately 5% of work time will require travel.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Current permanent career or career-conditional federal employees with competitive status, reinstatement eligibles, special appointing authority eligibles, interchange agreement eligibles, disabled veterans, Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) eligibles & ICTAP eligibles
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/454878400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.