The position is assigned to the Foreign Press Centers (FPC), Bureau of Public Affairs (PA). The Foreign Press Centers promotes accuracy, objectivity, and balance in foreign media coverage of issues of strategic importance to the United States by providing resident and visiting foreign media representatives with direct access to authoritative sources of information about U.S. foreign policy.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent serves as the information outreach specialist with primary responsibility for planning and managing the full range of FPC information research and digital outreach activities
This position is eligible for telework; additional criteria will be required (e.g., supervisory approval).
- Plans, develops, and manages the delivery of a broad range of information services and digital outreach products to provide resident and visiting foreign journalists with consistent access to up-to-date, accurate, and reliable information about U.S. foreign policy and the social, political, economic, and cultural context within which such policies are made.
- Manages engagement across full range of the Foreign Press Centers (FPC) digital platforms, including its public website, Twitter feed, Facebook page, and other digital sharing platforms to provide key policy messages and topical information of interest to the foreign media community.
- Plans, organizes, develops, and manages a comprehensive information reference service that provides foreign journalists, FPC program officers, and other key actors with access to materials related to U.S. politics, society, economy, and culture.
- Manages FPC subscriptions to relevant newspapers, journals, reports, reference services, and other cost-based information research services.
- Serves as the advisor to FPC management on the information needs and interests of the foreign media community. Ensures that FPC programs and initiatives address the needs of this community, and are in keeping with key U.S. strategic priorities.
- Ensures that adequate levels of funding are obtained to support information and digital outreach programs and allocated funds are managed in the most efficient manner possible.
Occasional travel - Less than 10% of domestic and international travel is required for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Open to all U.S. citizens
"You are encouraged to read the entire announcement before you submit your application package. Your application may not get full consideration if you do not follow the instructions as outlined."
"More than one selection may be made from this announcement if additional identical vacancies in the same title, series, grade and unit occur."
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/454189000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.