For further information, please refer to our website at:
The USPS OIG is seeking a highly qualified applicant to fill our Audit Manager or Program Analysis Manager (Audit Evaluator Manager) within the Audit Operations group of the Office of Audit in Arlington, VA. The candidate will manage audits and quality assurance, provide a full range of supervision to staff, and manage other related projects as assigned. The candidate will be highly motivated and demonstrate experience in planning, conducting, and executing complex tasks and assignments.
This vacancy is also being announced as internal merit promotion. Selections may be made from either announcement. NOTE: USPS OIG career employees are not eligible to apply for external vacancy announcements. USPS OIG career employees should apply to internal vacancy announcements.
Candidates will be evaluated on the skills that they possess that are directly related to the duties of the position and/or the experience, education and training that indicate the applicant's ability to acquire the particular knowledge and skills needed to perform the duties of the position. Only those candidates who meet all qualification and eligibility requirements and who submit the required information by 11:59 PM EST on Thursday, November 03, 2016 will be considered.
The USPS OIG uses a Pay Banding system, which is equivalent to the Federal GS scale. Grade and salary determinations will be made based upon a candidate's education and professional experience.
This position is being advertised at the Manager Band level, equivalent to a GS-14. The salary range for this position is $115,126 - $147,794. The salary figures include locality pay.
Pay is only part of the compensation you will earn working for the USPS OIG. We offer a broad array of benefits programs. For further information, please refer to our website at: https://www.uspsoig.gov/frequently-asked-questions
Learn more about this agency
Please note that the duties and responsibilities associated with this position may vary based upon the agency's needs at the time of hire. The following description of major duties and responsibilities is only intended to give applicants a general overview of the expectations.
- Manages auditors responsible for providing technical assistance and guidance for operational and administrative activities through utilization of professional and government auditing standards
- Develops audit policies, operating procedures and technical guidance for the Office of Audit
- Schedules projects and staff assignments so as to comply with the organization's needs. Reviews and approves the purpose, scope, and approach of each project.
- Manages audit projects to ensure that professional standards are maintained in the planning and execution phase and in the accumulation of evidentiary data that is technically sound and meet OIG and professional standards
- Provides technical expertise, support and guidance to auditors on quality assurance and administrative activities
- Prepares various reports, correspondence, and briefings
- Presents oral briefings to management
- Manage auditors responsible for accumulating data, maintaining records, and preparing periodic reports to Congress and senior management on audit activities
- Brings about a shared understanding of job objectives, roles, and report messages by facilitating job-related meetings and coaching others when necessary
- Plans, organizes, and conducts research on complex audit issues that involve major areas of uncertainty in approach, methodology, or interpretation to identify appropriate solutions
- Represents the Office of the Inspector General in meetings with high-level officials from the United States Postal Service, other agencies, vendors, and members of external organizations. Responsibilities include presenting results of assessments and studies (which may be complex or controversial), negotiating agreements, and influencing approval and implementation of agency-wide solutions and plans
25% or less - Up to 50% may be required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/454014300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.