If you would like to be a part of a federal organization dedicated to serving our nation and those who defend it, consider a career with the Department of Defense Office of Inspector General (DoD OIG). The agency promotes integrity, accountability, and improvement of critical DoD programs and operations to support mission accomplishment and to serve the public interest. The OIG offers the full range of federal benefits (see link below) and a flexible work schedule, depending on position requirements.
This position is with the Department of Defense (DoD), Office of Inspector General (OIG), Office of the Mission Support Team (MST), Human Capital Advisory Services (HCAS) division, and is located in Alexandria, VA.Learn more about this agency
- Stand up and run a Delegated Examining Unit.
- Provides recruitment and advisory services by working with hiring officials in developing recruitment strategies and decisions, job analyses, and ensuring compliance with Office of Personnel Management (OPM) standards and relevant law, regulation, and policy.
- Maintains continuing awareness of and performs research in human resources law, regulation, and policy; determines effect on OIG and HCAS operations and policies and recommends methods to address new requirements and integrate into current operations.
- Conducts or participates in special projects or studies in areas of responsibility; develops project plans and objectives; conducts projects; documents results and provides recommendations to HCAS leadership; participates in planning sessions with HCAS leadership and staff, advising on issues in areas of responsibility.
- Utilizes electronic and manual information systems required for assigned functions and areas and for internal reporting requirements such as metrics; enters, retrieves, and tracks information and produces reports; identifies and documents problems and works with staff to resolve problems.
Occasional travel - Less than 10% of work time will require travel.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Current permanent career or career-conditional federal employees with competitive status, reinstatement eligibles, special appointing authority eligibles, interchange agreement eligibles, disabled veterans, Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) eligibles & ICTAP eligibles
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/453616600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.