The positions are located within the Department of Defense (DoD), Deputy Inspector General for Policy & Oversight, Audit Policy & Oversight in Alexandria, VA. In these positions you will serve under a Program Director and will be responsible to perform broad and complex assignments for the following teams:
AUDIT OVERSIGHT (AO) TEAM: Provides policy direction, oversees contracting officials 'use of contract audit reports, and addresses adequacy of and implementation of contract audit policy through oversight reviews of high risk contract audit areas and Hotline complaints.
CONTRACT AUDIT OVERSIGHT (CAO) TEAM: Provides policy direction and performs oversight and quality assurance reviews of Defense Contract Audit Agency audits. In addition, the team performs follow-up reviews of corrective actions, assessment of hotline allegations, and other special reviews.
EXTERNAL QUALITY CONTROL (EQC) TEAM: Provides audit policy guidance and direction to DoD internal audit organizations on matters related to the Government Auditing Standards and DoD audit policy. In addition, the team performs oversight and external quality control reviews of DoD internal audit organizations. Further, the team reviews contracts for non-audit services and performs assessments of Hotline allegations and other special reviews.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected.
Current Permanent Department of Defense DODIG
Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) - DOD Transfer (Excluding DODIG)
Current Permanent Non-Department of Defense Civilian Employee - Non DOD Transfer
Former Federal Employee, eligible for reinstatement
Eligible due to Interagency Career Transition Program (ICTAP)
Eligible under Veteran's Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA)
Priority Placement Program S (Military Spouse) registrants referred through the Automated Stopper and Referral System (ASARS) for this position
Executive Order (EO) 12721
Military Spouse Under Executive Order 13473
Retired Federal employee receiving an annuity
Eligible for NAF/AAFES Interchange Agreement
Eligible for 30% Disabled Veterans
Eligible for Persons with Disability
Federal employee eligible due to Interchange Agreement
Special Hiring Authority
- Performs oversight, quality assurance, or other types of reviews that include evaluating audit documentation, reports and other products for technical competence, adherence to auditing standards, completeness of coverage, significance of findings and recommendations.
- Interprets audit and attestation engagement policies and other standards, providing for consistent application.
- Provides technical audit advice and guidance internally and externally on audits, attestation engagements, non-audit services, and contracting official actions related to disposition of audit results.
- Responsible for independently performing broad and complex projects and other assigned tasks relating to the development, improvement, evaluation, and effective accomplishment of audits, attestation engagements, and contracting/acquisition official actions on DoD programs, activities or funds.
- Recommends new or amended regulations, policies, procedures, and standards related to DoD activity to ensure adequate accountability and reporting.
- Develops and revises DoD standards, directives, instructions, manuals and other guidance as necessary relating to overall mission, functions, objectives and responsibilities of DoD organizations.
- Represents the OIG when dealing with internal and external government agencies and outside organizations as it relates to assigned matters.
Occasional travel - May require up to 25% temporary travel (TDY)
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles)
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/453442100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.