About the Agency
This position is located in the Fiscal Accounting Operations and has responsibility for formulating debt, administrative, and governmentwide accounting policies and standards; establishing accounting and reporting requirements and systems and accounting procedures and controls; performing accounts reconcilement and reporting; and processing, certifying, recording, and reporting administrative receipts and expenditures accurately, efficiently, and in compliance with governing regulations.
This is an open continuous announcement. The open period is 10/12/2016-05/19/2017. Applications will be reviewed on the dates listed in the "who may apply" section of the announcement. In order to continue to be considered applicants must reapply after each cut-off date as no automatic consideration will be given.
The following are the duties of this position at the GS-12. If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
- Develops policies, guidelines, procedures, and controls for debt, administrative, and governmentwide accounting related issues. This support would include, but not limited to updates to the Treasury Financial Manual and United States Standard General Ledger. Ensures that procedures are in compliance with statute, generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), and with guidelines issued by the Government Accountability Office (GAO), the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), the Fiscal Service, the Department, and other relevant authoritative sources.
- Responsible for the preparation, review, analysis, and/or submission of annual financial statements that are in compliance with the CFO Act of 1990 and other governing regulations. This would include, but not limited to the Financial Report of the United States Government and Schedule of Federal Debt. In addition, the incumbent is responsible for routine financial, budget, and management reports that are submitted to the Department, OMB, the United States Congress, and other stakeholders. This would include, but not limited to the Monthly Treasury Statement.
- Processes and certifies administrative receipts and disbursements. This includes researching all applicable regulations to ensure payments are appropriate, timely, and accurate. Under current law, the incumbent can be held personally liable for negligence in this area.
- Responsible for specific reconcilement, reports, and/or audits which are relied on in part or in whole to produce daily, monthly, or other periodic statements. This may include reconciling a variety of general ledger accounts, resolving accounting problems, and ensuring appropriate actions are taken to correct problems.
- Researches complex accounting, collection, disbursement, and other financial and fiscal issues that require in-depth analysis, interpreting regulations from several sources and preparing well-written responses or recommendations.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
; no prior Federal experience is required.
This is an open continuous announcement. The open period is six months. Applications will be reviewed based on the following established cut dates: 10/26/16
and at the closing date.
In order to continue to be considered, applicants must reapply after each cut off date. No subsequent automatic consideration will be given.
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.