This position is located in Washington, DC, one of the performance audit directorates in the Office of Audit (OA) of the Office of Inspector General (OIG). The incumbent is an Audit Manager responsible for supervising a staff of auditors, including GS-13 auditors-in-charge (AIC), and other lower-graded staff, and who reports to the head of the audit directorate (Director). The incumbent is responsible for the assignment of audits and staff to the AIC, and for ensuring appropriate planning, completion of fieldwork and reporting conforms with applicable professional standards (generally accepted government auditing standards (GAGAS) or inspection/evaluation standards promulgated by the Council of the Inspectors General on Integrity and Efficiency (CIGIE)), and other statutory, regulatory, and professional requirements.Learn more about this agency
As a Supervisory Auditor, you will:
- Provide technical and administrative supervision over subordinates.
- Develop overall audit approach, including objectives, testing methodologies, and milestone dates.
- Prepare and review proposals for future audits.
- Review and manage audit reports and supporting documentation prepared by subordinates for conformance with applicable professional standards and OIG policy.
- Identify training and development needs, including on-the-job training, other development activities, and continuing professional education (CPE).
Occasional travel - 1-5 nights per month.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…U.S. citizens; no prior Federal experience is required.
This opportunity is also open to Status eligibles under Announcement 16-TOIG-125. Please refer to that announcement for details on open period, eligibility, and how to apply.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/452644000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.