This position is located in the Collection Management Department of the Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden, the Smithsonian institution's museum of international modern and contemporary art. The Collection Management Department is responsible for the care, preservation, and documentation of all works of art at the museum, whether from the Museum's permanent collection or on loan from other institutions. The incumbent serves as the assistant to the director of collection management, providing technical assistance in the broad areas of collection stewardship.Learn more about this agency
ATTENTION: Due to the large number of qualified applicants for positions of this type, this job announcement will close at 11:59 pm Eastern Time on either: (A) The closing date listed above or (B) The date that 100 applications are received; whichever occurs first. If the announcement closes on the date that 100 applications are received, all applications submitted by 11:59pm that day will be given consideration, including those in excess of 100.
We encourage applicants to apply as soon as possible to ensure their applications are submitted before the announcement closes. We will not consider applications which are late due to the announcement closing once the above number of applications is reached.
- Assists in maintaining standards, policies, and operating procedures for acquisitions, receipt, deaccessioning, loans, packing, shipping logistics, conservation, physical care, storage, documentation, and inventory.
- Prepares and maintains the departmental budget worksheets in Excel, monitors
expenditures for supplies, equipment, and travel.
- Orders equipment and supplies associated with the functions of the Collection
Management Department and tracks the orders during the procurement process.
- Checks and keeps accounts of conservation lab supplies of adhesives, papers, fabrics, chemicals, solvents and reorders them when necessary.
- Manages the digital assets for the department, including entering conservation reports, images, and other pertinent information into the Museum's database (TMS).
Who May Apply
This job is open to…ATTENTION: This vacancy announcement amends announcement #16R-LM-302034-TRF-HMSG to correct “All Grades” questions. Applicants who applied previously MUST reapply to be considered.
This position is open to all candidates eligible to work in the United States.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/451769900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.