About the Agency
Position is being advertised concurrently under vacancy announcement BR-GP-WY-16-85, for current Federal employees serving under competitive service career or career-conditional appointments, former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility, VEOA eligible veterans or persons eligible for non-competitive appointment under special appointing authorities (such as 30% disabled veterans). If you are interested in applying under both announcement numbers, you must submit application packages for each.
Reclamation is seeking a career professional looking for an opportunity to capitalize on his/her expertise as an Archeologist. You can make a difference in the West by assisting in meeting increasing water demands while protecting the environment.
Here is a great opportunity to join an organization with excellent growth potential!
LOCATION: Great Plains Region, Wyoming Area Office, Resources Management Division, Contracts and Compliance Branch, Mills, Wyoming (near Casper, WY).
For living conditions go to: www.usbr.gov/gp/employment/living_conditions.pdf
Promotions to the next grade/salary level are neither guaranteed nor automatic, but based on supervisor initiation.
Additional vacancies may be filled from this vacancy announcement.
- Evaluates the impact of projects on cultural resources (prehistoric, archeological, historical, architectural, Native American) in their affected environments. Evaluations may require field inspections, inventories, site evaluations, site mitigation, document review, and consultations.
- Identifies the level of cultural resources studies and consultation efforts needed to analyze potential impacts to cultural resources to meet National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and National Historic Preservation Act (NHPA) compliance.
- Prepare and review cultural resource sections of Environmental Assessments, Environmental Impact Statements, and Recreation Management Plans.
- Conducts and reviews Class I, Class II, and Class III cultural resource inventories/surveys.
- Develops performance work statements and serves as the technical representative for government contracting of cultural resources services.
- Serves as a liaison with the State Historic Preservation Officer; the Advisory Council on Historic Preservation; Native American tribes; other Federal, state, and local agencies; other consulting and coordinating parties; and other professional and private organizations to facilitate management of the cultural resources program.