This position serves as the Arctic Landscape Conservation Cooperation (LCC) Science Coordinator in Fairbanks or Anchorage. The salary range given above includes base pay and locality pay, you will also receive a 5.31% cost of living allowance for Fairbanks and Anchorage. This allowance is subject to annual review, adjustment and gradual decrease.
TIME-IN-GRADE REQUIREMENT: If you are a current Federal employee in the General (GS) pay plan and applying for a promotion opportunity, you must have completed a minimum of 52 weeks at the next lower grade level in the normal line of progression for the position being filled.
You too can make a difference in our world. The work of the US Fish and Wildlife Service is meaningful and varied. Want to know more about what it is like to work for us? Click here to watch short podcasts entitled Meet Your New Boss! and Diversity is Our Strength.
This announcement is being advertised concurrently under R7-16-1794274-AV which is open to all qualified persons. You must apply to each announcement separately if you wish to be considered under both recruitment methods.Learn more about this agency
As a Fish and Wildlife Biologist (Arctic LCC Science Coordinator), you will:
- Coordinate science in support of landscape conservation strategies and ecosystem-based management in the Arctic
- Lead research in landscape, wildlife and/or conservation ecology that supports implementation of ecosystem-based approaches to natural resource management
- Engage in regional, national and international efforts to coordinate Arctic ecosystem science and to help secure funding for high priority initiatives
- Represent the interest of partners in various national meetings associated with landscape conservation initiatives; collaborate with a network of Science Coordinators
- Review science proposals for technical completeness and rank proposals appropriately. Provide and coordinate technical review of scientific publications.
For more information on the duties of this position contact the supervisor, Wendy Loya at (907) 786-3532.
Occasional travel - This position requires occasional travel to various destinations by vehicle, boat, or plane.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…This vacancy is open to all current career or career-conditional federal employees, former federal employees with reinstatement eligibility, persons eligible for non-competitive appointment under special hiring authorities, and VEOA eligibles (veterans must be honorably separated and either a preference eligible or have substantially completed three or more years of active service). CTAP and ICTAP eligibles in the local commuting area are also eligible.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/450600700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.