The ESA is seeking a highly-motivated and capable executive to serve as the Director for Data Policy and Planning. The Director for Data Policy and Planning is directly responsible for leading ESA in the Department of Commerce’s effort to make data more accessible to businesses and the public, and drive data-related policy formulation and execution. The Director is the principal advisor to the Under Secretary for Economic Affairs, through the Deputy Under Secretary, on all matters related to statistical and data policies concerning the collection, storage, compilation, analysis, and dissemination of data; data policy issues having major implications for multiple business sectors; and legislative and regulatory issues affecting the economy. In addition, the Director is responsible for developing and maintaining a robust strategic plan; developing and monitoring strategic goals and performance measures that are aligned with the Department’s strategic priorities and goals; and ensuring that the strategic plans for all ESA operating units are similarly aligned.Learn more about this agency
The Director for Data Policy and Planning will:
- Provide leadership over broad data science quality and integrity policy and programs; serve as a member of the ESA Executive Leadership Team sharing in the planning, direction and management of the data science programs of ESA and its operating units; manage the planning and development of current and long-term program implementation strategies to address and accomplish the critical needs of ensuring quality and integrity of data collected, developed and produced by ESA.
- Collaborate with and oversee the establishment and issuance of guidance affecting the statistical programs of ESA and its operating units, including data science and data development, big data sources, uses and analysis; and establish and maintain effective partnerships with governmental, nongovernmental and business organizations at both regional and national levels.
- Supervise ESA's Data Service leads and ESA’s policy and planning office, and provide operational, policy and programmatic supervision, and other oversight to ESA and DOC employees in support of the agency's data efforts.
- Ensure data science and analysis projects are conceived, developed and executed based on impact, importance, and relevance to the Administration’s key initiatives and DOC and ESA strategic goals.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate all data and statistical policy-related activities and strategic planning processes in support of ESA’s diverse mission. This includes policy analysis and coordination, program planning and evaluation, strategic planning, collaboration with outside experts.
Occasional travel - Travel required to attend or present at meetings on topics relevant to ESA and DOC’s missions.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Applications will be accepted from all qualified U.S. citizens. Join the Economics and Statistics Administration (ESA) where we are looking for diverse, innovative leaders.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/450171200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.