About the Agency
Read the 'Who May Apply' section carefully to determine your eligibility. If you are not eligible under this announcement, please see FLD-2016-0123, Supervisory Survey Statistician (Field), GG-1530-07/09/11/12, CENSUS-CB-JMW.
This vacancy is for the Supervisory Survey Statistician (Field) position located in one of the U.S. Census Bureau's Regional Offices.
This position is INELIGIBLE for telework.
Relocation expenses may be paid.
This is a NON-BARGAINING unit position.
The position will be filled as a Term Appointment Not-To-Exceed (NTE) 2 years with a possible extension of 2 years.
The work schedule for this position is Mixed Tour. With a Mixed Tour work schedule, an employee may be changed between full-time, part-time and intermittent work schedules to accommodate fluctuating workloads and is subject to a signed agreement.
This is an open continuous announcement. The initial cut off date for referrlas is September 23, 2016. After the initial referral, additional referral lists will be created, as vacancies are available. This announcement covers multiple positions within various regional offices of the U.S. Census Bureau through March 09, 2017.
**If necessary, additional cut-off dates will be established throughout the open period of the announcement depending on the hiring needs of the agency.**
The individual selected for this position will:
- Supervise or manage a team of either field or office based employees, including approval of payroll and completion of yearly performance and conduct standards.
- Develop and implement programming specifications which includes monitoring programs design, coding, and pilot testing program developed for commercial statistical software packages to work with existing programs or systems.
- Makes recommendations, and communicates progress of data collection operations to management and other staff, including subordinates.
- Analyze, review, and interpret survey data results and present data results to others outside the work unit or organization in order to minimize cost and increase local knowledge.
- Occasional Travel
- Travel is on a needed basis.