This position is located with Department of Defense (DoD), Office of the Inspector General (OIG), Mission Support Team (MST), Human Capital Management (HCM), Human Capital Advisory Services (HCAS) Directorate and is located in Alexandria, VA. HCAS provides human capital planning and human capital management, and the full range of human resources management services to include talent acquisition and talent management, recruitment and staffing, employee relations, position classification and compensation, performance management, human resources information systems, workforce planning, leadership development, executive resources, workplace and work life programs, international human resources services, and benefits and pay administration through a third-party arrangement.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected.
· Current Permanent Department of Defense DODIG
· Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) - DOD Transfer (Excluding DODIG)
· Current Permanent Non-Department of Defense Civilian Employee - Non DOD Transfer
· Former Federal Employee, eligible for reinstatement
· Eligible due to Interagency Career Transition Program (ICTAP)
· Eligible under Veteran's Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA)
· Priority Placement Program S (Military Spouse) registrants referred through the Automated Stopper and Referral System (ASARS) for this position
· Eligible for NAF/AAFES Interchange Agreement
· Eligible for Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA)
· Eligible for 30% Disabled Veterans
· Eligible for Persons with Disability
As an Administrative Support Assistant your duties will include but not limited to:
- Provides technical knowledge of payroll principals and payroll guidance to employees. Specifically, the incumbent assists the Customer Service Representative (CSR) in providing customer advice related to frequently asked questions regarding civilian leave and earning statements.
- Assists the CSR in researching pay related discrepancies and submitting such discrepancies to DFAS payroll for resolution. Resolves issues surrounding pay in an accurate and timely manner. Notifies employees of the status of pay and leave problem resolution efforts.
- Assists the CSR in running missing time and attendance reports, creating/changing schedules, and adding/deleting employees. Assists time keepers by providing guidance and training as needed.
- Provides assistance to administrative specialists by completing clerical and administrative assignments that support the work of the office. Work requires use of a personal computer and peripheral equipment, facsimile, scanner, and copier machines, and related software to prepare documents, charts, graphs, data extracts, reports and electronic forms. Receives and sends electronic mail, uses maintains, manipulates and extracts data from electronic databases and spreadsheets using software applications in common use.
- Maintains a variety of electronic and hard copy records n accordance with office procedures and records destruction schedules and processing requirements. Receives and screens calls and requests for more specific information, referring unusual requests that requires the staff's attention based on a knowledge of their duties and responsibilities and a mission of the program. Follows-up with staff to see that information is provided and that requests are resolved.
- Prepares, proofreads; and/or edits, written reports, documents, forms and other materials to support the work of the office. Ensures correct punctuation, spelling and grammar in prepared materials. Solicits support information from appropriate staff members to complete assignments.
Occasional travel - Less than 5% of travel may be required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Current permanent career or career-conditional federal employees, reinstatement eligibles, special appointing authority eligibles, interchange agreement eligibles, disabled veterans, Veterans' Recruitment Appointment (VRA) eligibles, Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) eligibles & ICTAP eligibles
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/450042900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.