GSA has been repeatedly named as one of the 'Best Places to Work' in the Federal Government'. LEARN MORE about why you should choose GSA.)Learn more about this agency
As a Client Communications Specialist, you will be leading, managing, anticipating, and addressing the client's communications needs and supporting GSA programs and services through a variety of complex vehicles of communication. This position is located in the Office of Communications and Marketing and will be physically located in one of our regional offices in Boston, MA; New York, NY; Kansas City, MO, or Washington, DC. This office is responsible for developing and implementing strategic communications to advance the goals of GSA's business lines and service and staff offices.
This is not a virtual position.
GSA offers its employees a wide range of benefits including: Federal health insurance plans (choose from a wide range of plans); Life insurance coverage with several options to choose from; Leave policies to help you take care of your personal, recreational, and health care needs; Thrift Savings Plan (similar to a 401(k) plan); Flexible work schedules and telework; Transit and child care subsidies; and Training and development.
At this time we are only filling 5 vacancies; however additional vacancies may be filled through this announcement in this or other GSA organizations within the same commuting area, as needed.
This vacancy is also being announced as Vacancy Announcement Number 1600490FMMP under Merit Promotion regulations. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under Merit Promotion Procedures. Note: You must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered under both procedures.
Some of the major duties include:
- Develops relationships and partnerships with assigned clients, to establish, maintain, and build efficient client relationships which include being responsive, flexible, and tactful.
- Facilitates the development of communication solutions, options, and recommendations, working with OCM's communications personnel and the clients to identify and implement a satisfactory resolution.
- Creates a comprehensive communications program for clients that includes a defined plan based on various audiences.
- Writes and edits highly professional materials, including formal presentations and communication materials for use by various clients.
- Independently responsible for planning, developing, scheduling, coordinating and implementing internal and external events and ceremonies for assigned clients; manages multiple projects, priorities and requirements with competing deadlines by allocating fiscal, staff, and time resources to produce maximum results.
- Identifies appropriate subject matter experts, interviews for key message ideas and "translates" trade specific information into clear, concise expressions for the target audience/client base. Develops and prepares a variety of communication documents such as informaltional brochures, presentation support documents, email notices, websites, newsletters, webinars, client conferences, formal briefing papers, reports, etc. for management and/or client officials as required.
- Compiles data from a wide variety of sources for the purpose of analyzing issues, as well as ensures compliance with various policies and procedures.
- Works closely with external communications/media affairs personnel to communicate on GSA programs and services, proactive and reactive in nature.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All United States citizens and nationals (residents of American Samoa and Swains Island).
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/449947800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.