The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is the agency Americans trust with their lives. As a global leader in public health, CDC is the nations premier health promotion, prevention, and preparedness agency. Whether we are protecting the American people from public health threats, researching emerging diseases, or mobilizing public health programs with our domestic and international partners, we rely on our employees to make a real difference in the health and well-being of people here and around the world.
Who May Apply: Open to US citizens and applicants eligible under Schedule A authority.
This vacancy is also being announced concurrently with vacancy announcement HHS-CDC-M4-16-1781899 under merit promotion procedures. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under merit promotion procedures. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
This position is located in the Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Center for Global Health (CGH), Division of Global HIV & TB (DGHT), Health Informatics Data Management and Statistics Branch located in Atlanta, GA.
PHS Commissioned Corps Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps (not as a career/career-conditional employee) are encouraged to apply under the merit promotion announcement indicated above.
Additional selections may be made within the same geographical location CDC-wide.
CDC Financial Disclosure OGE form 450 Holding ourselves to a higher standard; the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention inspires public confidence in its trust responsibilities and mission by maintaining high ethical principles. This position is subject to the confidential financial disclosure requirements of the Ethics in Government Act of 1978 (P.L. 95-521). Therefore, if selected, you will be required to complete a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report (OGE Form 450) to determine if a conflict or an appearance of a conflict exists between your financial interest and your prospective position with the agency. This Information will be required annually.
CDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Learn more about this agency
As a Mathematical Statistician you will:
- Serves as a program technical advisor developing methods and selecting techniques to conduct methodological research to improve sample surveys or experimental designs; to conduct evaluations of data collection, reduction, processing, and analysis methodologies.
- Performs evaluation of methodology used in specified health program studies to ensure the results are valid and reliable.
- Provides advice and assistance for statistical projects or studies that are new or significant departures from the relationships established in previous problems, studies, or investigations, causing outcomes that are usually original in nature.
- Evaluates data resulting from the application of mathematical statistical tools, models, methods and techniques to the public health area.
- Designs and develops mathematical statistical models, methods, and/or techniques such as sample and survey designs for related data collection.
Occasional travel - 5% Domestic and International
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/449600200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.