This position is being re-announced. All applicants that previously applied to the vacancy #EUHR165593141789227 must re-apply to be considered.
About the Position:
Must be able to satisfy the requirements of the 26JUL12 DODI 1400.25 V1230, DoD Civilian Personnel Management System: Employment in Foreign Areas and Employee Return Rights. Visit http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/140025v1230.pdf.
This position is located in Stuttgart, Germany. Stuttgart is the cultural and political capital of Baden-Wuerttemberg and one of Europe's foremost metropolitan areas. Stuttgart is charmingly situated in the heart of one of Germany's largest wine-growing regions, attracting tourists by its magnificent panorama, its impressive gardens and parks, palaces and buildings in a wide range of architectural styles, but also by its cultural diversity. The city of Stuttgart comprises five counties encompassing 179 towns and rural districts. It is the home to USAG Stuttgart, HQ US EUCOM, HQ US AFRICOM, and other tenant units. For additional information please visit www.stuttgart.army.mil/.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants WORLDWIDE who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Civilian Employee with the Department of the Army
- Current Department of Defense (DOD) - Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Current Permanent Federal Civilian Employee (other than DOD)
- Former Federal Employee, eligible for Reinstatement
- Eligible under Veterans' Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA)
- Eligible under Veterans with a service-connected disability of 30% or more
- Eligible for overseas Military Spouse Preference
- Eligible for overseas Family Member Preference
- Eligible due to Interagency Career Transition Program (ICTAP)
- Eligible for Excepted Service Overseas Family Member Appointment (FMNP)
As a Special Operations Strategist you will:
- Develop briefing materials and background papers, assuring that Special Operations Command Europe (SOCEUR) strategy, priorities, and objectives are clear.
- Monitor command activities, national policies, Chief of Mission resource requests, and defense issues in order to determine the need for a new or revised strategy.
- Develop complex reports and documents for command-level planning, information, and decision-making purposes.
- Perform research and coordination on issues such as SOCEUR's theater environment, national strategy, and resources required to develop and publish the Command's strategic guidance documents to include leading and participating in working groups.
Occasional travel - Temporary Duty (TDY) 10%
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles)
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/449380100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.