This vacancy announcement will be open from 09/06/2016 to 09/12/2016. Only the first 100 applicants will be considered. The vacancy will close on whichever day the first of these conditions are met. If the application limit is reached on the same day the announcement opened, the open and close date will be the same. Candidates are encouraged to read the entire announcement before submitting their application packages.
The Pathways Internship Program targets students accepted for enrollment or currently enrolled in a qualifying educational program in an accredited institution, on a full or half-time basis with paid opportunities to work in agencies and explore Federal careers while still in school. Applicants must meet the definition of "student" in order to be considered for this opportunity. Internship appointments under the Internship Experience Program (IEP) are non-temporary and can last the duration of the student’s academic program. This will be determined at the time of selection. At the successful conclusion of the program, interns may be eligible for non-competitive conversion to a Federal career or career-conditional position in the competitive service. Interns may work full-time or part-time schedules.
Pathways candidates must meet the DOS qualification standards applicable to the position being filled. All applicants must meet the qualifications by the closing date of this announcement.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.0 at time of application and must maintain at least a 2.0 GPA throughout the entire Pathways Internship appointment;
- Degree does not have to be related to the position/series; however to be eligible, candidate must meet the OPM qualification standards for the position to which the Intern may be converted.
Learn more about this agency
The vacancy is for a part-time position in the Bureau of Intelligence and Research Office of Analytic Outreach (INR/OTR). INR/OTR leads the Intelligence Community in bringing the full-spectrum of outside (non-USG) experts together to share their expertise with government employees on current and emerging foreign policy issues to inform intelligence analysis and policymaking. INR/OTR is responsible for hosting approximately 150 analytical exchanges, per year, and the incumbent helps organize these events. S/he maintains a speakers’ database and an events’ database, compiles survey results, reserves conference rooms for events held in the State Department, and performs other logistics and administrative tasks, as needed. The incumbent works closely with OTR’s financial analyst and program officers, and reports to the deputy director. The incumbent will work 16 hours/week, ideally 4 days/week, 4 hours/day.
- Performs a variety of administrative actions involving the interpretation of complex written material in accordance with office standards, the use of guidelines to determine that actions conform to established terms of agreement among key players; and the drafting of instructions and/or telegrams to various offices and posts;
- Assists in advising and guiding Department of State officers and counterparts within the intelligence agencies to assure required and coordinated action in support of special activities;
- Assists in analyzing problem situations, developing factual information, and recommending solutions and/or alternative options to routine administrative problems, referring more difficult problems to the supervisor;
- Counsels and advises personnel participating in the program and/or supporting the program regarding Foreign Service appointment, benefits, assignment and transfer processes within established guidelines;
- Maintains detailed, comprehensive records relating to positions and/or assigned personnel, including preparing summaries and reports for review by supervisor;
- Serves as liaison with counterparts within the Department and various agencies and participates in meetings relating to areas of responsibility.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Students who are U.S. Citizens accepted for enrollment during the current or next upcoming semester in a degree-seeking program (diploma, certificate, etc.) in an accredited/qualifying educational institution, on a full or half-time basis with a projected graduation date on or after Fall 2017.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/449116200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.