If you have experience as a scientific professional dedicated to improving human health by promoting the development and accelerating the application of biomedical technologies; AND, you want to play a significant role in a dynamic organization, then consider joining the National Institute of Biomedical Imaging and Bioengineering (NIBIB)! For more information, visit http://www.nibib.nih.gov/ .
This position is located in the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), National Institutes of Health (NIH), National Institute of Biomedical Imaging and Bioengineering (NIBIB).Learn more about this agency
The candidate selected for this position will:
- Perform professional engineering and scientific program management to enrich practices, techniques, and knowledge in the medical and biological sciences.
- Management of biomedical engineering research, such as research and development of new and revised medical devices and new uses of existing medical devices.
- Identify and formulate program needs to achieve an integrated and responsive effort in the assigned area.
- Formulate and present new basic, translational and clinical research concepts, projects and initiatives to appropriate advisory groups.
- Serve as a primary reviewer for assigned concepts, focusing on scientific relevance, and feasibility of the concept and evaluate the seriousness of problems in achieving program objectives and advancing the state of the art.
- Perform scientific and administrative review and analyses of applications/proposals from a programmatic viewpoint and advise on the selection of consultants to ensure the complete and fair scientific evaluation of applications/proposals.
- Provide expert advice and make recommendations regarding actions on matters relating to research for specific research proposals in assigned program area.
- Consult with and advises grantees/contractors during the preparation of applications/proposals and provide guidance on program issues and monitor scientific progress, and program relevance and merit.
Occasional travel - 5 nights per year
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles)
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/448978000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.