This position is within the Department of Defense (DoD), Office of the Inspector General (OIG), Mission Support Team (MST), Chief of Staff (CoS) located in Alexandria, VA. The incumbent assists the Administrative Officer (AO) with performing management advisory services related to manpower, human resources, resources management, equipment management, space utilization, travel, security, budget, purchases and records management.
GS-9 $53,435.00 - $69,460.00/per annum
GS-11 $64,650.00 - $84,044.00/per annum
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
· Current Permanent Department of Defense DODIG
· Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) - DOD Transfer (Excluding DODIG)
· Current Permanent Non-Department of Defense Civilian Employee - Non DOD Transfer
· Former Federal Employee, eligible for reinstatement
· Eligible due to Interagency Career Transition Program (ICTAP)
· Eligible under Veteran's Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA)
· Priority Placement Program S (Military Spouse) registrants referred through the Automated Stopper and Referral System (ASARS) for this position
· Eligible for NAF/AAFES Interchange Agreement
· Eligible for Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA)
· Eligible for 30% Disabled Veterans
· Eligible for Persons with DisabilityLearn more about this agency
As an Administrative Support Specialist, your duties will include, but not limited to:
- Assists the Administrative Officer in formulating, justifying, and executing the annual administrative budget which includes monies for equipment, supplies, services, publications, magazines, training costs, and any projected building renovations.
- Serves as one of the Property Accountability Officers for accountable property; maintains required controls and records, conducts and oversees inventory, in accordance with applicable policy and regulations.
- Maintains the calendars for the Chief of Staff and/or the Deputy Chief of Staff. Schedules meetings, interviews, teleconferences, video teleconferences, and coordinates conference room reservations.
- Assists the Administrative Officer with serving as liaison for human resources and manpower matters by maintaining a close working relationship with human resources specialists.
- Assists with the coordination of learning management for component staff, and oversees the accurate and current maintenance of training databases and the preparation of required reports.
- Prepares written correspondence and coordinates the preparation of and reviews controlled correspondence.
Occasional travel - Occasional temporary duty (TDY) travel may be required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles)
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/448859500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.