About the Position:
This position is in the Directorate of Public Works, Environmental and Natural Resources Division and is responsible for the management of all programs relating to the protection of cultural, historical, and archaeological resources at Fort Belvoir. The incumbent will serve as the Cultural Resources Manager responsible for all aspects of program management. You will perform some field work to survey and evaluate buildings and construction work but position is primarily office-based. Frequent meeting attendance is required.
Fort Belvoir is located in Fairfax County Virginia on the Potomac River, approximately 18 miles south of Washington, DC. Fairfax County is a large, affluent county in Northern Virginia. Although some public transportation options are available and more are currently being developed, the primary means of access is private vehicle. This area is rich in history and has a wide range of educational, cultural and recreational assets providing everyone with opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
This position is also announced under Merit Promotion announcement. Please refer to announcement NCAS163979781786611.
Who May Apply: U.S. CitizensLearn more about this agency
· Serve as the Fort Belvoir coordinator for the management of the Installation's cultural properties and historic preservation program.
· Design and implement the Fort Belvoir Cultural Resource Management Plan.
· Review proposed construction projects, real property transactions and other operation to ensure compliance.
· Monitor plans and execute review of projects to ensure compliance with cultural resources requirements.
· Perform data collection, artifact curating, analytical study, interpretive displays and other compliance and preservation work in support of construction projects or the legacy program.
· Perform technical review for cultural resources component to Environmental Impact Statements (EIS) and Environmental Assessments (EA).
· Develop scopes of work and other documents concerning the procurement of services such as surveys, cultural resources.
Occasional travel - Business travel up to 15% of the time.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/448765100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.