There is one position, which will be located on one of the seven locations given.Learn more about this agency
OIG is organized into three line elements: the Offices of Investigations, Audits and Evaluations, and Healthcare Inspections; along with the Office of Contract Review and the Office of Management and Administration. In addition to the Washington, DC, headquarters, OIG has offices located in more than 30 cities throughout the country.
The Information Technology Specialist, located in the Office of Management and Administration, is responsible for the development, implementation, and maintenance of web applications and the publishing of web content to support OIG business processes, including specific Internet and Intranet applications and publications.
As an Information Technology Specialist, you will:
- Be responsible for the design, structure, development, implementation, and support of applications for an intranet, internet and other business processes.
- Be responsible for determining output media format, designing user interfaces, directing on-going site maintenance and enhancement, and ensuring the availability and security of applications installed on the site.
- Participate in developing, analyzing, and refining functional and technical specifications and systems requirements. Coordinate the acquisition, installation, and configuration of the end-to-end infrastructure supporting the site.
- Participate in the design of systems architecture; be responsible for writing code; and develop, analyze, and refine data models.
- Work with customers to test and debug applications, assure software and systems quality and functionality, integrate hardware and software components, and ensure rigorous application of information security policies to the applications development process.
- Write and maintain program documentation, user training documents, and assist in writing and maintaining information systems contingency plans and disaster recovery procedures.
- Develop and maintain guidelines regarding Internet services design, development, and delivery.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…U.S. citizens; no prior Federal experience is required.
This opportunity is also open to Status eligibles under Announcement 16-VAOIG-139. Please refer to that announcement for details on open period, eligibility, and how to apply.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/448627300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.