· Identifies specific statistical research
areas that merit investigation, develops new hypotheses and approaches for
studies, and evaluates the feasibility of such endeavors.
· Initiates, plans, execute, and controls
statistical studies, which are designed for the purpose of identifying,
analyzing, and reporting on behavioral health-related issues.
· Advises management on the selection of an
appropriate study design, on statistical analysis, and in interpretation of
· Prepares analyses of statistical reports for
distribution to staff and for transmittal to managers
· Serves as a technical expert with respect to
all phases of statistical interpretation.
· Provides technical advice to peers and senior
managers within and outside of organization on statistical methods and
· Prepares reviews of contract deliverables
such as analysis plans, statistical models, and reports.
· Advises on statistical aspects of surveys, such
as the design and implementation of establishment surveys.
· Prepares and plans sampling strategies, data
editing specifications, quantitative data analysis, and statistical modeling.
· Prepares an explanation of the methodologies,
results, and relevance of issues and problems under study.
· Presents results to the scientific community
at professional meetings and conferences.
· May serve as a project leader, assuming
responsibility for the development of project planning, coordination of overall
team efforts, and maintaining appropriate lines of communication.