The Office of Personnel Management is looking for a dynamic and energetic leader to join their Senior Executive Service (SES) Corps. The Senior Executive Service (SES) is comprised of the men and women charged with leading the continuing transformation of government. These leaders possess well-honed executive skills and share a broad perspective of government and a public service commitment which is grounded in the Constitution.
This position is located at the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) in Washington, D.C. The Deputy Chief Information Officer serves as a principal advisor to the Chief Information Officer and represents the Chief Information Officer in support of the Agency's policies and programs. Under the direction of the Chief Information Officer, the incumbent coordinates information technology plans and policies for the Agency, and provides day-to-day management of the Office of the Chief Information Officer.Learn more about this agency
- Manages relationships with OPM Senior Executives, peers and other stakeholders to understand business priorities and enables business needs by providing effective, efficient and secure IT and digital solutions.
- Monitors and communicates progress on IT objectives, goals, and strategies for the organizations.
- Implements outcome-oriented performance measures, and manages IT strategy and operations through use of these measures, providing complete transparency and open communication to all OPM employees and other stakeholders.
- Effectively manages relationships with vendors, contractors, and other external business partners, to include provisioned service providers.
- Develops, maintains, and advances a strong, high-performance culture within the OCIO.
- Leads OPM IT resource planning, to include human resource, budget and financial management activities.
- Develops and implements a workforce strategy that attracts, develops and retains top IT, digital and cybersecurity talent to continuously analyze and adopt modern technologies and solutions that drive enhanced business value.
Occasional travel - -
Who May Apply
This job is open to…US Citizens and Status Candidates
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/447882700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.