This position is located in the Department of Defense (DoD) Office of the Inspector General (OIG), Mission Support Team (MST), Chief Information Office (CIO). The incumbent is an Information Technology Specialist in the Systems Integration Division, Data Management team, and will be responsible for the Design and maintenance of critical OIG data and databases.
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected.
· Current Permanent Department of Defense DODIG
· Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) - DOD Transfer (Excluding DODIG)
· Current Permanent Non-Department of Defense Civilian Employee - Non DOD Transfer
· Former Federal Employee, eligible for reinstatement
· Eligible due to Interagency Career Transition Program (ICTAP)
· Eligible under Veteran's Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA)
· Priority Placement Program S (Military Spouse) registrants referred through the Automated
Stopper and Referral System (ASARS) for this position
· Eligible for NAF/AAFES Interchange Agreement
· Eligible for 30% Disabled Veterans
· Eligible for Persons with Disability
· Other Special Hiring Authority
· Interchange Agreement
· Executive Order 12721
· Military Spouse under Executive Order 13473
Duties as an IT Specialist (DATAMGMT) include but are not limited:
- Serves as senior level expert in establishing, maintaining, supporting and upgrading databases and their associated architecture and environment. Provides consulting in database design, set-up, maintenance, systems integration and operating systems.
- Designs and administers production and non-production databases.
- Performs physical data modeling, creation, normalization loading, performance tuning and monitoring of the databases.
- Defines data flow; identifies and translates user requirements into data design; provides design documentation for decision support.
- Provides daily oversight of database systems including establishing and managing database accounts, privileges and resources, and assurance of security and data integrity.
- Analyzes current and future agency strategic plans, operating plans, policies and procedures. Provides support to Information Technology management staff on a variety of issues relating to database management.
- Performs installation, upgrades, configurations and patch application for database
environments. Supports system operations and application use including performance monitoring, system tuning and help desk call support.
Occasional travel - 5% of travel may be required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles)
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/447466000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.