This position is located in the Curatorial Office of the Smithsonian American Art Museum (SAAM). The purpose of the position is to carry out assigned and approved projects in the four areas of curation: research, exhibits, development & management of collections and public service and to initiate and propose related projects for review by the Chief Curator and Director. Incumbent should have knowledge of the broad field of American art but will specialize in the field of graphic arts and artists.Learn more about this agency
- Conducts research on graphic art in the permanent collection.
- Publishes significant research related to graphic art collection.
- Establishes contacts with donors and dealers and negotiates for gifts and purchases. Proposes objects for acquisition.
- Proposes & develops exhibition topics.
- Ensures completeness and accuracy of all published information associated with exhibitions, including catalogues, brochures, installation graphics and wall text.
Occasional travel - Position requires less then 25% occasional travel
Who May Apply
This job is open to…This position is open to all U.S. Citizens or U.S. Nationals. Note: Federal employees with permanent status or individuals eligible for special appointing authorities may also apply to Job Announcement #16R-SB-301566-MPA-SAAM
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/446984300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.