When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Office of Response and Recovery, Grants Management Modernization, Program Management Office (PMO). This position starts at a salary of $64,650 (GS-11). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Response team within FEMA.
In this position, you will be responsible for developing messaging to internal and external stakeholders to support the transformation of the agency’s business process and technologies. Typical assignments include:
- Coordinates an enterprise-wide communications strategy in order to provide consistent and transparent exchange of information. Designs and implements enterprise changes and organizational interventions for solving problems.
- Develops the communication plan with templates and a standard set of information packages.
- Provides detailed briefings on issues to leadership and employees. Facilitates lines of communication and the meaningful interchange of communication between internal/external stakeholders.
- Develops and maintains web pages, Q&A sites and guidance documents in association with program decisions.
- Coordinates with management and/or appropriate agency offices on the formulation and articulation of messages and products.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
- All U.S. citizens
- Status candidates may also apply under FEMA-16-BLG-113623-MP
- View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/446677300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.