Transcripts from an accredited institution are required (see required documents)
About the Position: This position will be located within the Regulatory Division at the US Army Corps of Engineers, Albuquerque District. The Regulatory Division is responsible for implementing the Clean Water Act Section 404 program which is committed to protecting the Nations aquatic resources, while allowing reasonable development through fair, flexible and balanced permit decisions for the USACE Albuquerque District.
Position(s) will be filled under the Department of the Army Recent Graduates
Program. Placement will be in one of the following disciplines: Environmental Engineering, Natural Resources Management, or Physical Science. Click here for more
information on Pathways program participation. After Program completion, Department of the Army Recent Graduates MAY be
converted to a permanent position or to a term position (a project-based term of employment lasting between one and four years).
To be eligible for conversion to a permanent or term position, Recent
- Successfully completed at least 1-year of continuous service in addition to all requirements of the Program.
- Demonstrate successful job performance.
- Meet the Office of Personnel Management's qualifications for the position to which the Recent Graduate will be converted
- To learn more, please visit the Office of Personnel Management webpage, Hiring Authorities: Students & Recent Graduates.
Who May Apply:
Positions are open to:
- Recent graduates who have completed, within the previous two years, a
qualifying associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational
or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution. Students may apply within nine months of meeting their education requirements.
- Preference eligible veterans who were precluded from applying due to their military service obligation begin their two-year eligibility period upon release or discharge from active duty. Eligibility for these veterans cannot exceed six years after degree or certificate completion.
At the full performance level of the target conversion position (GS-11), you will:
- Conduct the evaluation of applications for permits,and the modification of permits, for activities or work in waters of the United States.
- Monitor compliance with permits and conduct the investigation of unauthorized work.
- Develop and recommend resolution of enforcement actions.
- Assist with the development and implementation of programmatic initiatives and requirements.
After program completion, Department of the Army Pathways Recent Graduates MAY be converted to a permanent or term appointment without further competition.
This position is being filled at the GS-07 level with potential conversion to a position with a full performance level at GS-11.
- Occasional Travel
- Occasional travel required for training, conferences and site visits.