This position is located in one of the performance audit directorates in the Office of Audit (OA) of the Office of Inspector General (0IG). The incumbent is the Director responsible for supervising a staff of auditors, including GS-14 Audit Managers and lower-graded staff, and who reports to the Deputy Assistant Inspector General for Audit (DAIGA) with executive responsibility for the program area.Learn more about this agency
As a Supervisory Auditor, you will:
- Direct and oversee work performed by subordinates and contractors through the Audit Managers and CORs.
- Assign audit projects, set priorities, and establish time frames for completion.
- Review and approve audit plans prepared by subordinates or reviewed by the Contracting Officer's Representatives (CORs), in the event an audit is contracted.
- Oversee progress of assigned audits and provide guidance; conduct and or participate in briefings with OA and auditee management, Treasury officials, contractors, other OlGs, and other agencies and organizations, as needed to discuss issues, status of audits, and audit results.
- Monitor implementation of corrective actions recommended in audit reports.
- Participate in responding to congressional requests, and in preparing testimony for congressional hearings.
Occasional travel - 1 to 5 nights per month
Who May Apply
This job is open to…U.S. citizens who are:
1. Within the local commuting area and are Status Eligibles, CTAP/ICTAP eligibles, eligible for special hiring authorities (e.g., the Schedule A appointment for persons with disabilities, or covered by an Interchange Agreement); OR
2. Individuals, no matter where you reside, who are VEOA eligibles.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/446407200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.