This position is located in the Center for Operational Oceanographic Products and Services (CO-OPS) in Silver Spring, MD.Learn more about this agency
This position will be filled under the DOC Alternative Personnel System (CAPS). This system replaced the Federal GS pay plan and structure. Under CAPS, positions are classified by career, pay plan, and pay band. The ZP-4 is equivalent to the GS-13/14.
The full performance level of this position is ZP-4.
*A one year probationary period may be required.
*Payment of relocation expenses is not authorized.
*This position is not in the bargaining unit
*This vacancy may be used to fill other Lead IT Specialist (SysAny/AppSoftWare) ZP-2210-4 positions throughout NOAA. The position must be alike (e.g.: within the same geographic locations, same grade/band requires the same qualifications as indicated in this vacancy announcement).
This is a re-advertisement of NOS-COOPS-2016-0036. Applicants who applied to NOS-COOPS-2016-0036 must re-apply to this announcement in order to be considered.
As a Lead IT Specialist Team Lead (SysAny/AppSoftWare), you will perform the following duties:
- Manage application development team and projects by applying System Development Lifecycle (SDLC) principles, methods, and practices, including developing and managing requirements, estimating application development resources and timelines, implementing development methodologies to meet deliverables, monitoring activities, and evaluating and reporting on accomplishments.
- Ensure the integration of IT application products and services and develop solutions for integration and interoperability issues; design, develop, and manage systems that meet current and future business requirements and optimize the existing National Ocean Service (NOS)/CO-OPS architecture.
- Provide expert technical advice, guidance, and recommendations to management and other technical specialists on critical IT issues to ensure that applications are optimized for state-of-the-art technology and functionality.
- Ensure the rigorous application of information security and information assurance policies, principles, and practices to the systems analysis process.
- Liaison with end users and developers to successfully understand and translate non-technical requirements to technical solutions.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All qualified United States Citizens or Nationals.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/446405600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.