The primary purpose of this position is to ensure the provision of expert cost analysis support to Components as they grow a self-sustained capability, conduct independent cost estimates and assessments to inform Acquisition and/or Resource decisions, provide CAD with the necessary policies and processes to improve the capabilities of DHS cost estimating and analysis, and address the analytical needs of the DHS cost estimating community through the development and enhancement of databases, models, and cost methodologies.
This position is located in the Cost Analysis Division (CAD), Office of the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
"Applicants may be selected to serve in either a Top Secret/SCI or Top Secret or Secret security clearance level position."
This vacancy has been amended to extend closing date to August 15, 2016.
Who May Apply:
Status Candidates and other eligibles which include:
- Current federal employees who hold or held a non-temporary career or career-conditional appointment
- Persons eligible for reinstatement
- Displaced federal employees (CTAP/ICTAP) in the local commuting area
- Persons eligible for non-competitive appointment under Special hiring authorities
- Persons eligible under an Interchange Agreement (view) list of interchange agreement with other merit systems
- Veterans' preference eligibles or veterans who have been separated from the Armed Forces under honorable conditions after substantially completing at least three consecutive years of active duty (view) information on certain veterans eligible under the Veterans Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA)
- Serve as an expert on cost analysis/estimating of DHS programs; provide authoritative advice to program managers and other DHS stakeholders on best practices in enhancing cost estimating/analyses.
- Lead a team of cost estimators for the development of independent cost estimates and assessments for DHS programs and recommend approaches to addressing complex issues and concerns to the Acquisition Decision Authority.
- Lead efforts to incorporate DHS policies, procedures, standards, directives, guidance, templates, and identity resources necessary to implement make significant changes and enhance improvements.
- Develop cost models, incorporating cost sensitivity and benefit analyses that are communicated to DHS senior-level management for consideration in making budgetary decisions.
- Anticipate future problems by staying abreast of the state-of-the art cost estimate programs, including those in exploratory, advance development, engineering development and production; and assessing the accuracy of program-generated cost estimates.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles)
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/446134700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.