About the Agency
The Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy’s (EERE’s) mission is to create and sustain American leadership in the global transition to a clean energy economy through high-impact research, development, and demonstration and by breaking down barriers to market entry. EERE helps the nation achieve greater energy efficiency and security, environmental health, and economic productivity, by exercising Federal leadership in developing policies, information, technologies, and collaborative partnerships with States, industry, and energy consumers that accelerate and expand the use of energy efficiency, renewable energy and sustainable transportation technologies and practices.
This position is in the Office of Weatherization and Intergovernmental Programs (WIP). The role of the WIP is to promote the adoption of energy efficiency and renewable energy technologies by a wide range of customers and stakeholders, including States, communities, institutions, companies and private citizens. In particular, WIP has overall responsibility to administer the Weatherization Assistance Program and the State Energy Program. A successful candidate in this position will serve as the Advisor for projects involving policy, and training and technical assistance.
As a Policy Advisor, you will:
- Ensure that projects proceed in a manner consistent with approved DOE objectives, costs and schedules, providing technical expertise and assistance to program officials.
- Serve as Technical Monitor on projects, providing recommendations on technical performance, costs and schedule requirements for projects.
- Develop and collect data on progress in industry, planned and operating projects, industry participants and new technologies.
- Analyze and evaluate the overall performance of the projects within the Program, assessing Program variances and initiating necessary corrective actions.
- Provide policy and technical guidance to promote efficient use of the Department's resources and achieve programmatic goals.
- Provide financial and budgetary guidance and assistance.
- Advise on contracting and procurement procedures.
- Assist the Communications team to communicate the policies and best practices to strategic partners, policymakers and stakeholders.
- Compile analytical and informational materials.
- Prepare responses to Congressional, executive and intradepartmental requests for information about the Program.
- Occasional Travel
- Travel required up to 3 days per month