This position is located in the Department of Defense, Office of the Inspector General, Strategy, Planning, and Innovation Office. The incumbent provides oversight, advice, guidance, and recommendations to develop policies, establish procedures, and set goals for programs under the incumbent's control. The incumbent has the primary responsibility of managing the DoD OIG's strategic planning, to include the OIG Annual Oversight Plan, Management Challenges, Management Review Program, governance, and other internal strategic planning activities. The incumbent exercises independent action and authority within established guidelines, with wide latitude in the application of initiative and professional judgment in managing and conducting assigned plans and analyses.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected.
· Current Permanent Department of Defense DODIG
· Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) - DOD Transfer (Excluding DODIG)
· Current Permanent Non-Department of Defense Civilian Employee - Non DOD Transfer
· Former Federal Employee, eligible for reinstatement
· Eligible due to Interagency Career Transition Program (ICTAP)
· Eligible under Veteran's Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA)
· Priority Placement Program S (Military Spouse) registrants referred through the Automated Stopper and Referral System (ASARS) for this position
· Eligible for NAF/AAFES Interchange Agreement
· Eligible for 30% Disabled Veterans
· Eligible for Persons with Disability
Military Spouse under Executive Order 13473Learn more about this agency
Duties as a Strategic Planner include but are not limited to:
Strategic Planning Policy & Oversight
- Meets regularly with the Inspector General and senior OIG leaders to develop the strategic vision and supporting policy for the agency. Responsible for ensuring the OIG Strategic Plan, DoD Management Challenges, and the Oversight Plan align with the Department's Strategic Plan and accurately represent the IG's vision for the agency.
- Works with staff organizations, senior leaders and their staff to ensure effective strategic planning in support of organization goals.
- Coordinates all aspects of OIG Senior Executive Planning off-sites to assist senior leaders in developing Component-level operational and strategic planning documents.
- Meets regularly with the Inspector General and senior OIG leaders to develop, assess, and report on annual performance measures. Ensures measures align with organizational vision, established performance goals, and risks to the agency.
- Provides assistance to the IG and Component leadership to develop the concepts, policies, and principles for a comprehensive performance management program in the OIG.
- Leads agency-level performance management working group to assemble OIG performance data, identify areas for improvement, and report results to the OIG senior leadership.
- Responsible for coordinating semiannual OIG level performance reporting sessions for the IG, Deputy Inspectors General, and other key senior staff.
- Establishes policies and practices to support the OIG's decision-making framework to ensure transparency, efficiency, effectiveness, and accountability. Ensures framework defines roles and responsibilities, details resolution paths, and produces necessary information to make timely decisions.
- Advises and recommends to the governance groups and their senior sponsors how to avoid duplication, streamline flow of ideas and inputs from the working groups to the decision makers, encourage employee engagement, and utilize resources in line with the OIG's annual priorities and plans.
- Serves as a technical authority for the OIG's change management efforts.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles)
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/445917300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.