About the Position:
Must be able to satisfy the requirements of the 26JUL12 DODI 1400.25 V1230, DoD Civilian Personnel Management System: Employment in Foreign Areas and Employee Return Rights. Visit http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/140025v1230.pdf.
This position is located at USAG Yongsan, Area II, in Seoul, Korea. Korea, Land of the Morning Calm, has transformed itself into an economic powerhouse in less than five decades. Seoul is one of the largest cities in the world with all of the amenities you would expect from any metropolis. Located in the center of Asia, Korea has a great mix of historic and cultural sites to explore and traveling to other countries is very convenient. http://www.army.mil/korea
This position is located at: HQ, 1st Signal Brigade, Strategic Operations Division, Information Management Office, Unit 15271, Seoul, Republic of Korea
As part of the on-going transformation from USAG Yongsan to USAG Humphreys, this position may be required to move from Seoul to Pyeongtaek before the end of an initial tour.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
The major duties of this position include the following:
- As an Electronic Engineer you will:
- Manage the development of project control plans and preparation of detailed engineering, installation and equipment list of materials (LOM/ILOM), formulation of installation specifications on activities / projects involving the construction, installation, expansion, relocation or rehabilitation of new or modified telecommunications requirements.
- Establish an operational plan to control both short and long range engineering objectives.
Maintains an active day-by-day status of project activities and initiates action necessary to prevent or minimize delays in schedule and increased costs.
- Develop technical specifications, which form the basis for bid proposals by commercial communications companies; describes in detail, the facilities to be provided, and characteristics of equipment to be employed and specifies the various tasks to be performed by contractors in furnishing, installing and testing these facilities along with numerous subtasks associated therewith.
- Participate in the review of contractors specifications for technical adequacy and acceptability by the Government.
- Assist with the draft of specifications for work to be accomplished by contract and confers with the Facility or District Engineer to determine factors which might cause an engineering compromise or an adjustment of standard practice. Includes conducting on-site engineering studies and surveys to meet special or unique requirements in order to prepare statements of work (SOW), provide technical assistance and advise to the site commander, evaluate engineering proposals submitted for consideration and to provide any technical assistance required.
Occasional travel - TDY will be required up to 25 percent or less of the time.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/445857700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.