GSA has been repeatedly named as one of the 'Best Places to Work' in the Federal Government'. LEARN MORE about why you should choose GSA.)
As a Procurement Technician, you will be perform a variety of purchasing and procurement related functions in support of program operations and requirements.
GSA offers its employees a wide range of benefits including: Federal health insurance plans (choose from a wide range of plans); Life insurance coverage with several options to choose from; Leave policies to help you take care of your personal, recreational, and health care needs; Thrift Savings Plan (similar to a 401(k) plan); Flexible work schedules and telework; Transit and child care subsidies; and Training and development.
At this time we are only filling 1 vacancy;however, additional vacancies may be filled from this announcement as needed.
Positions are located throughout the Public Buildings Service; including, the following locations:
- 401 W. Washington Street, Phoenix, AZ 85003
Learn more about this agency
Is responsible for a wide range of procurement actions for repair and alterations services, building supplies, mechanical, custodial, and landscaping services.
- Develops procurement plans. Compiles bidder's list.
- Prepares and issues letters and solicitation documents, selects and ensures that appropriate clauses are included and that specifications are clear and complete.
- Prepares abstracts and performs analysis of bids on proposals received.
- Monitors contractor performance for compliance with applicable laws, delivery schedules, payment provisions and other requirements stated in the contract. Follows up on contract problems such as non-performance, inadequate performance, failure to meet contract provisions, etc.
- Clarifies issues on contractual requirements. Prepares extensions per established guidelines.
- Prepares termination files for use in contract termination.
- Investigates discrepancies, possible labor violations, and reconstructs contract files to determine reason for discrepancies, or if a violation has occurred
- Purchases standard supply items, such as, office supplies, equipment and repair and alterations services. Reviews mandatory sources.
- Reviews all financial documents for proper coding, inputs procurement data, corrects errors, conducts data searches for records, and retrieves reports from FMIS, Pegasys, and other financial reports.
- Maintains total of balances to ensure that the activity is within limits for obligations and expenditures for construction and repair and alteration projects.
- Retrieves, extracts and compiles information from multiple automated sources and creates reports.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All United States citizens and nationals (residents of American Samoa and Swains Island).
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/445703500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.