As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for the most major, politically sensitive, complex initiatives in the National Capital Region. This position is located in the National Capital Region, Public Building Service, White House Service Center in Washington, DC. The White House Service Center provides facilities management and supply services support to the White House.Learn more about this agency
GSA has been repeatedly named as one of the 'Best Places to Work' in the Federal Government'. LEARN MORE about why you should choose GSA.
GSA offers its employees a wide range of benefits including: Federal health insurance plans (choose from a wide range of plans); Life insurance coverage with several options to choose from; Leave policies to help you take care of your personal, recreational, and health care needs; Thrift Savings Plan (similar to a 401(k) plan); Flexible work schedules and telework; Transit and child care subsidies; and Training and development.
At this time we are only filling one vacancy; however additional vacancies may be filled from this announcement as needed.
Additional vacancies may be filled through this announcement in the other GSA organizations within the same commuting area.
This vacancy is also being announced as Vacancy Announcement Number 1611138TBMP under Merit Promotion regulations. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under Delegated Examining Procedures. Note: You must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered under both procedures.
- Develops comprehensive and detailed project plans including methodology, resources requirements, timelines, priorities and budget impact.
- Determines architectural and support cost estimates to achieve the goals of the master plan.
- Applies the latest trends and state-of-the-art technologies in facility design, construction alterations, space management, contracting, negotiations, and knowledge management.
- Provides leadership and direction to a wide range of representatives from within and outside the Federal sector during the development and management of multi-million dollar projects.
- Works with stakeholders and key leadership in various Federal agencies, State and local governments, non-profits, community organizations, special interest groups and environmentalists.
- Leads a team of experts from various disciplines, develops plans that integrate the goals and objectives of non-Federal entities into the plans for Federal capital development in the National Capital Region.
- Maintains continuous contact with Federal, State and local officials, Congress persons and the media in regard to project issues and status.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All United States citizens and nationals (residents of American Samoa and Swains Island).
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/445436500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.