This position is located in Department of Defense, Office of Inspector General (DoDIG), Office of the Deputy Inspector General for Auditing (DIG-OIG), under the Assistant Inspector General for ASM Acquisition Parts & Inventory Division I (AG).
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected.
· Current Permanent Department of Defense DODIG
· Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) - DOD Transfer (Excluding DODIG)
· Current Permanent Non-Department of Defense Civilian Employee - Non DOD Transfer
· Former Federal Employee, eligible for reinstatement
· Eligible due to Interagency Career Transition Program (ICTAP)
· Eligible under Veteran's Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA)
· Priority Placement Program S (Military Spouse) registrants referred through the Automated Stopper and Referral System (ASARS) for this position
· Eligible for 30% Disabled Veterans
· Eligible for Persons with DisabilityLearn more about this agency
Researches applicable laws, directives and other regulatory material to gain audit knowledge.
· Oversees a team of auditors and other appropriate staff to ensure proper application of audit techniques.
· Articulates and communicates to the assigned team the audit project, problem to be solved, actionable events, milestones, deadlines and timeframes for completion.
· Leads assigned audit team in identifying, distributing and balancing workload and tasks among employees to accomplish overall mission.
· Serves as coach, facilitator and/or negotiator in coordinating team initiatives and in consensus building activities among team members.
· Represents the team in dealing with the supervisor or manager for the purpose of obtaining resources and securing needed information or decisions for the supervisor on major work problems and issues that arise.
· Researches, learns and applies a wide range of qualitative and /or quantitative methods to identify, analyze and improve team effectiveness, efficiency and work products.
· Resolves simple, informal complaints of employees and refers others, such as formal grievances and appeals, to the supervisor or an appropriate management official.
· Communicates team consensus and recommendations to the supervisor on actions affecting team and individual awards, rewards and recognition.
· Communicates to the supervisor on audit team member performance management issues/problems and to recommend/request related actions, such as assignments, reassignments, promotions, tour of duty changes, peer reviews and performance appraisals.
· Maintains security and accountability of classified information.
Occasional travel - May require up to 25% of temporary duty travel (TDY)
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles)
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/445379300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.