Are you looking for a unique opportunity to gain valuable work experience? The Department of the Air Force offers challenging work and the satisfaction of knowing you've made a difference. We're offering you an exciting opportunity to gain "real world" experience as a Recent Graduate under the Pathways Program. Appointments under the Recent Graduates Program may be for 1 or 2 years depending on the position. After completing the 1 or 2 year period as a Recent Graduate, you may be non-competitively converted to a term or permanent position and placed on a career or career-conditional appointment. However, service in a Pathways Recent Graduate Program confers no right to further employment in the competitive service. For more information on the Pathways Recent Graduate Program click here.
Your Training and Development Covers:
- Participant Agreement
- Orientation Program
- Mentorship throughout the program
- Individual Training & Development Plan to assist with career planning, professional development, and training activities
- At least 40 hours of formal, interactive training each year of the program
- Positions may offer opportunity for career advancement
After Program Completion:
Recent Graduates who are selected for conversion to a permanent career/career-conditional appointment must have:
- Completed all requirements of the program successfully
- Demonstrated successful job performance consistent with the applicable performance appraisal program
- Meet the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) qualification standard for the position to which the Recent Graduate will be converted
This announcement will result in a 90-day register which may be used to fill vacancies for 90 days after the closing date of this announcement. Referrals may be made as vacancies occur.
Position Summary: To provide continuing independent review of financial accounts and/or management operations and controls to ensure that funds, personnel, equipment and other resources are employed effectively, securely, economically and within legal and administrative constraints.Learn more about this agency
This position may be filled at any grade level, GS-07 target 12 or GS-09 target 12 . The incumbent may be promoted to the GS-12 level without further competition if all legal and regulatory requirements are met and when recommended by the supervisor. However, promotion to the full performance level is not guaranteed and is dependent on successful performance at the lower grade levels.
The intern will receive formal, informal, and/or on-the-job training in the auditing discipline identified below, and assignments will become progressively more difficult in nature. At the full performance level the incumbent will:
· The primary purpose of this position is to serve as an Auditor in a developmental capacity, performing assignments designed to further develop applicable analytical and evaluative skills and techniques.
· Provide continuing independent review of financial accounts and/or management operations and controls to ensure that funds, personnel, equipment, and other resources are employed effectively, securely, economically, and within legal and administrative constraints.
· Plans audits covering broadly related and highly complex functions of a large multi-mission activity or develops and writes segments of the audit program for highly corporate audits.
· Independently conducts audits of significant scope and mission impact or participates as a team member on large or highly complex audits.
· Prepares audit reports, special project results, or assists in writing segments of complex audit reports, which present findings and cite applicable regulations.
· Performs other assigned tasks and special projects.
Occasional travel - Work may occasionally require travel away from the normal duty station on military or commercial aircraft.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…College graduates who completed degree requirements within the previous 2 years of the announcemetn open date may be considered. Veterans who were on active duty and completed degree requirement within the last 6 years of the announcement date may be considered
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/445322400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.