The Bureau of Safety & Environmental Enforcement (BSEE) works to promote safety, protect the environment, and conserve resources offshore through vigorous regulatory oversight and enforcement. For information about our bureau go to: http://www.bsee.gov/Learn more about this agency
The Human Resources Division of BSEE is announcing a vacancy in its Human Resources Operations Branch in Albuquerque, New Mexico. If you pride yourself on having administrative support skills and a keen interest in the Human Resources field, then this could be the job you are looking for! This demanding position will strengthen all of your skills and develop new ones in employee orientation, personnel action processing, editing and composing documents, basic staffing, classification and employee relations/development, and providing great service to callers and visitors.
This is a permanent, full-time, career/career conditional appointment.
Promotion Potential: The selectee may be promoted to the full performance level GS-07 (intervening grade GS-06) without further competition when all regulatory, qualification, and performance requirements are met. Selection at a lower grade level does not guarantee promotion to the full performance level.
This vacancy may be used to fill additional positions as vacancies become available.
BSEE has determined that the duties of this position are suitable for telework with supervisor approval (situational).
NOTE: This vacancy is limited to the first 50 applications received and will close at midnight Eastern Time on the day this application limit is reached regardless of the closing date specified in this vacancy announcement. Any application received prior to midnight Eastern Time of the day the application limit is reached will be accepted and considered. You are strongly encouraged to submit all required supporting documents at the time of application should the vacancy close earlier than stated in this announcement due to the applicant limit being reached. Supporting documents will not be accepted once the vacancy announcement closes.
- Processes the full range of personnel actions including appointments, reassignments, promotions, transfers, and separations. Uses the Guide to Processing Personnel Actions to resolve issues, to determine nature of action code, authority and required remarks, consulting with HR Specialist for complex or unusual cases.
- Provides technical support in staffing, classification, employee relations, Human Resource development t and FPPS (personnel/payroll) activities for assigned client organizations.
- Supports HR Specialist by entering HR news, updates, Labor Relations updates, vacancy announcements and Benefits notices on the Office of Special Trustee Share Point or other automated systems.
- Performs records management. Creates, maintains and disposes of paper and electronic records according to approved record retention schedules.
- Processes in newly hired employees. Assembling appointment papers and conducting employee orientations, assisting new hires in completing appointment documents, explaining the nature of appointments, benefit entitlements and pay.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…This position is open to all US Citizens.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/444810800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.