INDIAN PREFERENCE: Preference in filling vacancies is given to qualified Indian candidates in accordance with the Indian Preference Act of 1934 (Title 25, USC, Section 472). Verification Form BIA-4432 must be submitted with the application if claiming Indian Preference. In the absence of Indian Preference eligibles, a non-Indian Preference applicant may be appointed.
Learn more about this agency
· Prepare yearly instructional outlines and related daily lesson plans covering relevant units of study and specifying objectives, activities and evaluative methods/instruments for both group and individual instructional programs.
· Teach students by selecting, developing, adapting and implementing appropriate instructional methods and techniques utilizing available resources to provide for academic achievement.
· Continuously evaluate individual and group academic progress through the use of criterion-referenced tests, periodic standardized tests, oral tests, and/or other relevant evaluative methods/instruments.
· Develop and conduct instruction within an environment that provides and promotes opportunities for the students to develop rapport, inter-relationships, self-discipline and a positive self-image.
· Maintain control of assigned class(es) and handle discipline independently except for chronic or extreme behavior problems.
· Supervise assigned students as scheduled, or provide for their supervision, throughout the academic day and/or activity in order to provide for the safety, health, and welfare of the students in compliance with school, Agency , and Area Guidelines.
Occasional travel - To attend meetings/conferences at other agency/school locations.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All U.S. Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/444767800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.