This position is being filled under the Expedited Hiring Authority for Shortage Category and/or Critical Need Health Care Occupations.
About the Position:
Duty location: You will be working at the Moncrief Army Community Hospital, Department of Primary Care, Urgent Care Clinic, Fort Jackson, SC.
Columbia, SC is filled with hundreds of years of history preserved in museums, churches, monuments and plantation houses. The mild climate encourages participation in outdoor recreation nearly year-round. This bountiful land with abundant game appeals to hunters, anglers and nature lovers. Columbia is noted for its zoo and botanical gardens, sports, arts and local special events. Located in the center of the state, the city is accessible from I-20, I-26 and I-77. I-85 and I-95 are a short drive away. For more info, visit: http://www.army.mil/info/organization/jackson/
Medical malpractice liability insurance is not required for federal civilian healthcare providers as they are covered by the Federal Tort Claims Act (28 U.S.C. § 1346(b)) while acting within the scope of their employment.
May be required to work weekend call duties and evenings.
Who May Apply: U.S. CitizensLearn more about this agency
As a Physician Assistant your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Perform initial patient work-up to assess patient care and/or treatment.
- Provide urgent primary care and/or preventive services to healthy individuals.
- Collaborate with physicians regarding patient management and/or revision of therapeutic plans.
- Determine the need for additional tests, such as laboratory tests and xerography (x-rays), to complete patient assessment.
- Discriminate between abnormal and normal findings to recognize early stages of physical, emotional, and/or mental problems.
Occasional travel - Up to 5% Business Travel required.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/444635000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.