Any individual who completed all requirements for an associate, bachelor, master, professional, or doctorate degree from a qualifying educational institution within the previous two years. OR
Any veteran released or discharged from active duty within the previous two years, but due to a military service obligation, was precluded from applying for a recent graduate position during any portion of the two-year eligibility period following completion of applicable degree, and not more than six years have transpired since completing the requirements for the degree.
Are you looking for a unique opportunity to gain valuable work experience? The Department of the Air Force offers challenging work and the satisfaction of knowing you've made a difference. We're offering you an exciting opportunity to gain "real world" experience as a Recent Graduate hired under the Central Salary Account (CSA). Appointments" under the Recent Graduates Program may be for 1 or -2 years depending on the position. After completing the 1 or 2-year period as a Recent Graduate, you may be noncompetitively converted into a term or permanent position and placed on a "career or career-conditional appointment. However, service in a Pathways Recent Graduate Program confers no right to further employment in the competitive service.
YOUR TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT COVERS:
· Participant Agreement
· Orientation program
· Mentorship throughout the Program
· Individual Training & Development Plan to assist with career planning, professional development, and training activities
· At least 40 hours of formal, interactive training each year of the Program
· Opportunity for career advancement
AFTER PROGRAM COMPLETION:
Recent Graduates who are selected for conversion must have:
· Completed all requirements of the program successfully
· Demonstrated successful job performance consistent with the applicable performance appraisal program
· Met the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) qualification standard for the position to which the Recent Graduate will be converted
"It is important to remember that eligibility for conversion does not guarantee that the Department of the Air Force will offer conversion"Learn more about this agency
- Assists senior technicians in planning, developing, and conducting organizational structure, workforce staffing/utilization, and/or space utilization studies or portions of studies of the serviced organization(s), to improve and simplify processes and maximize resources utilization
-- Knowledge of management engineering principles, concepts, and methodologies and basic financial management directives, concepts, procedures, guidance, and policy
- Assists in conducting work measurement, methods and procedures, manpower requirements utilization, and/or engineered time standard studies
-- Knowledge and skill to gather, assemble, and analyze facts, draw conclusions, devise solutions to problems, and identify change and trends
-- Skill in conducting interviews with supervisors and employees to obtain information about organizational missions, functions, and work procedures
- Conducts competitive sourcing studies, management surveys and/or research projects
-- Skill in applying analytical and evaluate techniques to the identification, consideration, and resolution of issues or problems of a procedural or factual nature
- Performs internal management support services in the areas of program cost monitoring, annual fiscal planning (Planning, Programming, Budgeting & Execution (PPBE) System cycle, etc.), and development of annual work plan(s) for organization(s) of limited scope.
-- Ability to access or locate information through the use of personal computer and software programs
- Assists senior analysts in providing guidance in managing the Performance Management Program
-- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing to gain cooperation from others through tact, courtesy, and diplomacy
Occasional travel - Mandatory Training Requirements
Who May Apply
This job is open to…College graduates who completed degree requirements within the previous 2-years of the announcement open date may be considered. Veterans who were on active duty and completed degree requirement within the last 6 years of the announcement date may be considered
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/442169700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.