This position is located in the Gallery Archives at the National Gallery of Art. The position is responsible for providing specialized reference services and in developing systems for preservation management of electronic images and objects. The incumbent is also responsible for providing records guidance, for appraising records, for identifying, preserving, and organizing historical records and advising on policies for archival management of digital images.Learn more about this agency
- Implements policies for ingest, preservation and use of digital records and management of the Gallery's digital archival repository based on best archival practice and published standards. Prepares complex descriptions of Gallery records and interprets institutional history for various audiences via electronic and traditional systems.
- Controls all records transfers to the Gallery Archives and provides technical aid and instruction.
- Appraises records for permanent evidential or information values and manages acquisition activities.
- Works with on-site researchers and coordinates responses to complex written reference inquiries.
- Develops policies and procedures for organizing the most complex groups of archival documents; develops written documentation; and instructs other staff concerning correct procedures.
- Maintains liaison with offices creating digital documents and images, performs all steps for receiving and preserving electronic documents, and recommends new systems and policies.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/441675200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.