ATF Mission: The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) is a principal law enforcement agency within the United States Department of Justice dedicated to preventing terrorism, reducing violent crime, and protecting our nation. The men and women of ATF perform the dual responsibilities of enforcing Federal criminal laws and regulating the firearms and explosives industries. We are committed to working directly, and through partnerships, to investigate and reduce crime involving firearms and explosives, acts of arson, and illegal trafficking of alcohol and tobacco products.Learn more about this agency
The position of Special Agent in Charge (SAC) manages a major field division of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), and exercises executive responsibility for the primary enforcement of Federal alcohol, tobacco, firearms, explosives and arson laws and regulations. This position is located within the Houston Field Division.
- Plans, directs, implements and evaluates comprehensive law enforcement and regulatory programs in the field division.
- Incumbent assesses the effectiveness of criminal and regulatory programs and policies in meeting ATF goals.
- Manages all administrative and program matters, including budget formulation, allocation of human and material resources, implementation of technological solutions, timely and accurate submission of reports, and related matters.
- The incumbent serves as ATF's representative to other Federal, state, and local law enforcement organizations, industry groups, congressional staffs, political and community groups, the media, and the public.
- He or she coordinates agency requirements and operations with other field special agents in charge and officials at headquarters.
Occasional travel - Travel as required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Applications will be accepted from all groups of qualified individuals within the civil service.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/441654800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.