The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality's (AHRQ) mission is to produce evidence to make health care safer, higher quality, more accessible, equitable, and affordable and to work with HHS and other partners to make sure the evidence is understood and used.
This position is located in the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), Center for Evidence and Practice Improvement (CEPI), Office of the Director (OD), located in Rockville, MD.
Vacancies will be filled through OPM's Direct Hire Authority. Veterans' preference and traditional rating and ranking of applicants does not apply to positions filled under this announcement.
Applications received as a result of job fairs, recruitment events, and emergency hiring mechanisms in support of this hiring initiative will also be accepted during the duration of the direct-hire authority.
This announcement may be used to fill additional positions across the Department of Health and Human Services.Learn more about this agency
Incumbent serves as a Medical Officer performing the following duties:
- Serve as a senior science advisor providing expert consultation and mentoring on diverse scientific and methodological issues across the Center, leading the integration and alignment of programs across the Divisions of the Center, and coordinating the activities of senior staff
- Formulate and implement the Center's extramural and/or intramural research agenda in generating new knowledge, synthesizing evidence, translating science for multiple stakeholders, and catalyzing practice improvement
- Serve as a contracting officer representative or a program officer to manage research projects related to evidence-based medicine and systematic review, practice transformation and improvement, decision sciences and patient engagement, and health IT
- Cultivate research partnerships within the Agency with individuals from other Federal entities, national and international organizations and with individuals from private academic or professional organizations
- Organize and conduct workshops, conferences, symposia or similar activities to foster the aims of the Center, to facilitate communication among investigators and stakeholders, or to advise on progress and emerging directions of research in the assigned program area
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/441353300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.