The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is the agency Americans trust with their lives. As a global leader in public health, CDC is the nations premier health promotion, prevention, and preparedness agency. Whether we are protecting the American people from public health threats, researching emerging diseases, or mobilizing public health programs with our domestic and international partners, we rely on our employees to make a real difference in the health and well-being of people here and around the world.
These vacancies will be filled through OPM's Direct Hire Authority. Veterans' preference and traditional rating and ranking of applicants do not apply to positions filled under this announcement.
All applicants who meet the basic qualification requirements will be forwarded to the Selecting Official for consideration. Applications received as a result of job fairs, recruitment events, and emergency hiring mechanisms in support of this hiring initiative will also be accepted during the duration of the direct-hire authority.
This announcement is being used to create an inventory of qualified applicants for Medical Officer Positions and will be used to fill immediate and future vacancies.
Some positions may be filled as Permanent, Temporary, or Term Appointments.
Some positions may be filled as Medical Officers, Supervisory Medical Officers, or Lead Medical Officers.
Although this vacancy announcement is advertised for multiple duty locations and grade levels, it is not intended to convey any implication nor expectation that positions will be filled at all grade levels or locations.
Who May Apply: Open to US citizens and applicants eligible under Schedule A authority. This vacancy is also being announced concurrently with vacancy announcement HHS-CDC-M3-16-1721094 under merit promotion procedures. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under merit promotion procedures.
NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
Commissioned Corps Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps (not as a career/career-conditional employee) are encouraged to apply under the merit promotion announcement indicated above.
Additional selections may be made within the same geographical location HHS-wide.
CDC Financial Disclosure OGE form 450 may be required for some positions.
CDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Learn more about this agency
As a Medical Officer you will:
- Provide support to the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) in public health research and analyses.
- Perform non-clinical duties involving the evaluation of medical research or the identification of causes or sources of disease or disease outbreaks.
- Apply epidemiological principles and/or procedures to investigate, review, analyze, and/or determine the cause(s) of problems, situations, inconsistencies, and/or issues related to programmatic degradation or systemic or causal parameters.
- Research findings which impact significant public health programs, issues, problems, processes, and procedures and/or the transmission of other causation of disease or public health issues or situations.
- Make substantive, multi-layered, and/or multi-dimensional recommendations and/or courses of action to carry out control procedures.
- Streamline public health processes and procedures, knowledge bases, and/or effect new approaches to resolve programmatic issues that contribute to the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the HHS disease prevention, control and health promotion mission.
Occasional travel - Domestic Travel up to 25%
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/440870300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.