When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.Learn more about this agency
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
This position is being announced under FEMA's Reservist Program. This is a 2 year appointment in the Excepted Service. Employment is on an intermittent basis. Veterans’ preference does not apply to the reservist program selection process.
As a Mission Assignment Specialist (MASP) in FEMA's Reservist Program, you will be responsible for assisting the Mission Assignment Manager in preparing, tracking, and monitoring Mission Assignments (MAs). Typical assignments include:
- Gather pertinent information to process MAs; Identify and prevent duplicate requests;
- Input Resource Request Form (RRF) information into Enterprise Coordination and Approval Processing Systems (eCAPS) to create and processes MAs;
- Prepare and review MA documents and obtain signatory approvals, as necessary;
- Coordinate the mission statements, cost estimates, and estimated dates of completion with Federal agencies, when assigned;
- Monitor MA Assignment billing and reimbursement.
- Create and maintain accurate MA files for record keeping;
- Prepare amendments to MAs and prepare MA Task Orders, as directed; Provide copies of approved MAs to responsible parties and update status of mission assignments in WebEOC
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/438517300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.