This term position serves as a Science Communications Coordinator with the Western Alaska Landscape Conservation Cooperative to communicate the results of climate change science to key and diverse audiences. This term position is initially 13 months and may be extended up to 3 years total. The salary range given above includes base pay and locality pay, you will also receive a 5.31% cost of living allowance for Anchorage. This allowance is subject to annual review, adjustment and gradual decrease.
You too can make a difference in our world. The work of the US Fish and Wildlife Service is meaningful and varied. Want to know more about what it is like to work for us? Click here to watch short podcasts entitled Meet Your New Boss! and Diversity is Our Strength.Learn more about this agency
As a Science Communications Coordinator, you will:
- Use various scientific reports, presentation materials from principal investigators, and discussions with experts, to develop products that distill the key findings of studies into products easily used by different stakeholder groups.
- Synthesize results from various and diverse scientific studies into draft reports and outreach products for review and completion by Landscape Conservation Cooperative (LCC) and Alaska Climate Science Center (AK CSC) Staff.
- Perform assignments in planning the approach and collecting data needed to design delivery strategies for single project findings and recommends approaches for cross-project products.
- Provides recommendations to LCC and AK CSC staff in planning, coordinating and implementing outreach strategies.
- Provides services in keeping with science communications and public outreach for the Office of Science Applications and the LCC's.
For more information on the duties of this position contact the supervisor, Karen Murphy at (907) 786-3501 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Occasional travel - This position requires occasional travel to various desintations by vehicle, boat, or plane.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/437893100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.